Friday, January 8, 2016

First letter from the MTC


This is my p day apparently haha, so it's only been 2 days. So I actually was caught up with all the rush when I got here. A really sweet poly girl helped me get all situated. I got the bottom bunk :) yay. and then I got led to my classroom and met my district. there are 5 girls (I'm in a trio with sister jackson and sister mecham) and the other 2 sisters are super awesome and they are sister park and sister hernadez. Most of the time it feels like we are a 5 person companionship haha. there are 4 elders and we are slowly getting to know them. 2 are really shy and 2 are more open. But I seriously love them all so much, and I hardly even know them. It's crazy because I like want to know more and more about their lives, but the thing is, we are great friends already just because we spend all the time sharing the spirit and it really bonds us. But the first day i was feeling really nervous I guess, and for some reason really doubtful about whether the church was true (I just kept worrying that I was blindly following I guess and didn't feel like i was feeling the spirit so I was really freaked out) After a bunch of orientations and a few classes we got to get ready for bed. It's like community showers and I couldn't figure out the best way of going about it because my towel is so small haha. And I felt like i was trying to put a lot into getting to know everyone but irritated because no one knew anything about me. Like no one even knew that I was a twin and I wanted them to for some reason :( haha. So i was really homesick and just couldn't stop thinking about how I hadn't even been there for a full day, I have 18 months more, I really missed my family, no one here cared about me, I was starving because we ate dinner at 4 (after lunch at 1), and mostly that I didn't even feel like I knew any of it was true. I seriously just lay in my bed from 10-1 at night just crying silently to myself...plus i was the only cold person so i had like 4 blankets and just was not comfortable. I prayed and prayed and prayed and just asked if i could know that the church was true. because then at least i could feel like i was there for something...but if i could’ve left at that moment, i would’ve left. Sooo discouraged. The next morning we at a horrible breakfast that made me feel sick. I was on edge of crying when anyone talked to me (a girl from cokeville that i met at prom there was here and it was like seeing a best friend). But then we had our district class which was like 3 hours. I don't even know what it was in the class. Maybe just that I was finally willing to have faith and try to feel the spirit more, but I felt the spirit and I felt so at peace. We read scriptures together and we learned our purpose here. I just seriously feel like a different person than one day ago. I have felt the spirit soo strong and felt the spirit testify what I am learning is true. It's so perfect, the gospel is. and the classes are so wonderful. I feel like anyone that thinks missionaries are brainwashed need to spend a day here. EVERYTHING is just focused on others, love, and the savior, which all go hand in hand. I love it so much and I love every moment that I get to study (which is hours and hours lol) but even though it's hard to sleep here, i feel the spirit so much that I just feel so much growth within me. I'm soooo grateful that I came. I think I was at an important point in my life where I was starting to really question and kind of doubt some things in the church, but now I truly know that it's true and that everyone deserves and just really needs to feel this spirit that brings hope and comfort. I love missionaries! 

Today is pday, so we get to email, exercise(finally haha), go to the temple:), and i think relax. I still haven't unpacked haha and i did laundry (i mixed whites and colors and everything was fine soo) and the food has gotten much better haha. I'm trying to have patience as my comps want to spend time "shopping" in the book store where the sweats that say MTC are like 50$. why would anyone want that haha. 

Sister jackson is from canada and is 19. She has been preparing for a mission since her teacher taught her that primary lesson about tithing and saving for a mission haha. shes a great missionary :)

Sister mecham is a typical byu girl haha, she knows tons of people here because everyone went to byu... haha. She took a mission prep class (so did sister jackson) so they are both fire. It's awesome to teach with them because when I feel like I don't know what I'm teaching, then know how to come in and save me :) we teach our "investigator" saturday and I'm actually really excited :) i have a ton to do always. My extra "calling" is music something or other hahaha I made the mistake of saying i could play a few hymns on the piano and now they think I'm a concert pianist. whoops hahah. 

Anyways i love you all. Weird to hear from me so soon probably haha. but I'm grateful for it.
 
Jamie, I have your apt key. What's your address and I'll figure out how to send it to you.

We get dearelders, but since we haven’t' had a district leader until today, I haven’t actually seen if any one sent me any.. but I can also check my email every day, just not respond till friday. I would prefer dear elder though. 

Love you. xoxo

 love your sister ;) sister nielsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment