Friday, January 22, 2016

Jan. 22, 2016


HELLLLLLOOOOO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIDE                          Jan 22, 2016

Hello.... it's me. ;) 

Guesss what?!?! I miss you all (appropriately) and love love love getting emails and letters on dear elder. It's been so wonderful and fun to hear what everyone is up to more than i did when I was home haha. Shoutout to Andy-I told my district that my brother was now a boyfriend and they all thought I said he had a boyfriend and then I had to teach them love because they shouldn't be judgmental and it all straightened out :) haha. But seriously that's great. I think the only family member I haven't heard from is Matt so.... 

This week was really great. I love it here so much and am excited to go to my mission but at the same time I don't want to leave my district or teachers. They are gonna skype me on mother's day instead of their families ;) jk I wish! Sis. Jackson and the elder left for their mission on at 4 in the morning on tuesday so it was really sad to say goodbye (they were all so fun and spiritual and awesome. I love them all.) but now sis Mecham and I are just a companionship which is reaaaaalllly nice. Trios are so hard even if you love the girls. 

I was sick alll week haha, I'm finally just to the point of having a runny nose but I'm so glad I packed a few meds! I did sleep great though which was a real blessing. We also had our last TRC which was sad to say goodbye to our investigator because we always feel the spirit so strongly when we teach her. Also we made a friend with this investigator named Leah White (she took a bunch of pictures of and with us so if you add her on FB with a message saying your a missionary mom then she'll accept you and you can steal the pictures :) That way you can see my comps and roomies. She's kinda bigger and redish hair and glasses and I can picture like crosses or something all over her FB page. I hope you can find her because I'm really sad you haven't seen my friends!) But leah isn't a member and she doesn't like missionaries teaching her lessons. But she taught us a lesson about a crooked nail and how we try pounding her on the head with religion but it just makes her more crooked, but what Jesus did and what we need to do is pat her on the back and straighten her before we can pound religion.. Kinda makes sense. I'm grateful for little lessons I learn every day :) 

We have been struggling to focus during study times, so we have set goals to be obedient! I know that exact obedience brings us miracles, which makes sense because "we show God what we want by how we live our lives", but it isn't easy so we are really working on it haha. It's hard when we all like each other so much that we can't stop laughing or talking.. but I love them and we are finding a balance ;) I do feel kind of bad because like randomly 2 new sisters moved into our apt and so theyre still shy from being new here, but us other 4 are completely out of control when getting ready foro bed. I probably have a 6 pack from laughing so hard with them. I'm really jealous that those 3 will get to serve together in their VC.... 

So my calling in churhc was music coordinator haha, so I got to play the prelude and opening hymn in church :) It actually went really well except during prelude the only time I really messed up was when the bishop got up to start and I went to play the last note and totally ended on the most off key note ever hahah reallly awkward but cracks me up. Totally keeping me humble ;).

Also a cool thing I learned this week was to have reflective feedback, so when someone criticizes you or gives advice, you don't get defensive or offended, but try to understand what theyre saying and then figure out if it's true. My comps were driving me crazy with how I could improve and at first I was taking it good but after so long it just gets old, you know, so I was a little annoyed at them. But how can I improve unless I let others help me? So I'm being patient and trying to let it help me and not bring me down. 

We had several days of no exercise and at that same time period gma and mom both sent me huge desserts (which I love and thank you a million cause yall are the greatest) and another sister gave us treats and our room is now stuffed with sugar hahaha it's bad. Probnably why we are so crazy all the time.... ;) 

We started our VC classes and the teachers are sooo great. One reminds me of Jess Wallin adn is sooo happy. It makes me want to love everyone and share the gospel! They have taught me so much and helped me find out that faith isn't by chance, but by choice. So I'm starting to choose to have more faith and I feel like a million bucks ;) Seriously though, listen to elder anderson's talk called faith isn't by chance. Guys I am soooo excited to serve in a VC. Like ill have proselyting, online, and VC stuff. Like what a missionary dream to always be able to do mission work. I love this gospel adn Jesus Christ so much! I love teaching others how they can be closer to him, and if you ever wonder what you're lacking in, study what he teaches us to do because that's what he tells us will bring us the most peace and happiness :)

I love you all so much, and I have to do laundry haha but I'll come email later i think. ALso mom I get to call you at the airport but that might be early in the morming monday, but ill let yo uknow the deets :)
Have a great week! I lov eyou and yeah :) xoxo Sister Nielsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment