Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Feb. 16, 2016

Sister Weygandt and Sister Nielsen

Hi my loves, this week has been a crazy rollercoaster of emotions for me for some reason. whoohoo. there have been a lot of awesome experiences though. We got to teach this lady, Jane, who we met while we did our "tracting" which finding anyone that isn't a member in Laie really is a miracle haha. but she really listened to what we taught her about the Restoration and is having a lesson with us tomorrow! She is such a sweet lady and i really hope she can feel the spirit when she reads the Book of Mormon. I can't make someone else feel what I feel, but i know it would really change her life in a great way so I really have been praying for her! Also the phillipino family that we have taught a few lessons to is getting baptized on Saturday!!!! I love them haha I can barely understand anything they say and our conversations outside of gospel lessons are very very confusing for all. hahah. anyways. It's been so hard to make time for any more investigators with our weird schedule and it makes me so sad. i love the 3 hours of study, but i feel like i'm such a burden to my companion because the last hour is just beginner missionary study time so idk, it's hard not to be able to use that to hasten the work. I love the food and the families (especially poly families) stuff food down me like nothing hahah I am stuffed still when I go to bed at night hahah. 

bike life
So being in the visitors' center was kind of hard this week. My companion is always telling me things i should do differently or not do, and after a while of it it's really hard not to get discouraged. I told her to stop unless i ask her, but now she really doesn't like me and we have no companion unity... and it doesn't help that we aren't ever alone together the last few days, so we haven't had the chance to really talk it out. So it's been rough. When we teach together we don't teach with the spirit and so the last few days of lessons have been pretty pathetic. I am gonna talk to her today, but it's been real evidence to me that we really are nothing out here on missions without God's help. We really are just tools He uses if we humble ourselves. I have a lot to work on, especially humility this week. A mission is like 1000000 times harder than i thought it would be. I guess we don't change if we aren't out of our comfort zones though, right? But its been really hard not being able to just call home or to even be able to vent to anyone. I guess that's God's way of making us turn to him because he's the only one that's always there and available. I've had so many answers to prayers just this morning though, so I know everything is going to be alright. I just really have to allow myself to change and figure out how to even become basic friends with my companion. We had exchanges this week and it was good to see how other sisters do things, but the most important thing i learned was that I need to treat my companion like I'm going to be with her forever, not just 6 weeks. Because when i think of it ending in 6 weeks I give up, but if i think of being with her forever then I have to change in order to make things work. The struggle is real. But God definitely loves me and has given me tender blessing after tender blessing and really shows his love in so many ways. 
temple grounds

 
I'm glad you all had a fun week. Everyone loves to see pictures of you all,,,, especially me. Yall are so cute. 

Love you!

Sister Nielsen

our dumb chicken
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment