Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tender Mercies

Aloha!
What a good week! Lots of tender mercies and little blessings :) We were able to have a lesson with these Korean girls in the ward, they're both just recently converted and so sweet. They love the gospel so far but there is still so much they don't know. So Luckily Sister Yun can explain things in Korean :) But I have no idea what's going on haha. It's fun though. SHe's a really good teacher.
We also were talking about how in our mission it's hard to always see the "miracles" or the ways God is helping us or allowing us to help others. Even just in simple ways, once we prayed to recognize those things, we started to see many little blessings and miracles that we wouldn't have thought too much about but realized they were from God. That is probably true for all of us in our lives... we just don't recognize it, but God is always helping us along. 

Oh I got to meet a couple from Soda Springs. It made me so happy! The McCuttys?? Such a sweet couple. The sisters told me someone was visiting the temple grounds, so my comp and chased them down on the temple grounds haha. Awh so sweet. Also Matt's friend came, don't pay any attention to the video she made. lol so embarrassing. But fun to have those connections so often here :)

Many of my online investigators are actually being taught by missionaries!!! Thank goodness! And I found out that one of the ladies I had met in the VC had surprisingly got baptized in December, but hadn't answered my calls or texts, so I thought she wasn't interested and hadn't really met the missionaries. Fun surprise :) Also someone SIster De Leon and I had met together also texted her and said he got baptized :) Such a fun surprise and I'm so grateful for the technology to be able to know even about one or two of the people we taught here :) You never know how many peoples' lives are touched :)

Also this Russian fellow came on our tram tour, and I thought of Logan Young in Russia and how hard it would be to find new investigators, so we did our best and he filled out the card, I don't know how it will go, but i'm sure that would be the best text serving there. I know it was when I served in Military where we can't really find easily...

This week we had lots of Tongan food, lol at Sister Yun. I have to say, it's really grown on me. I remember the first time I had laulau, but now I actually really like it! I never wouldve' thought haha. 
Yeah, lots of really great things and people were met this week! And even though there were hard times, we worked through it. We had a training yesterday about GRATITUDE. (aka great attitude) Yeah, i never thought about that being my problem, but it's true, when we are unhappy or feeling down, if we can develop an attitude of gratitude, our lives are much happier. A sister shared how on her dance team they had the "but... rule" where if you said something negative then you had to say but...and something positive that could be taken from the situation. I don't know if that makes sense, but it really is helping me to see the good in even the situations I hate the most. :) If you struggle with being negative, try it! :)
 
Love you so much! i hope you have a great week and hope to hear from you :)

Love, Sister Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment