Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!!


My beautiful 4th of July Lunch haha


I am loving that today is my preparation day. We got to spend this afternoon with one of my favorite families here. Sister Jones is my mother in mission haha, always caring for us! It was fun :) We started this day stuffed with assorted meats and probably will end the day that way too :) GO hawaii!! haha

So this week has really flown by. I still love it, and have really seen the difference God can make in our lives when we ask. I kept talking to all the people that did NOT want to talk to missionaries in the VC and was being really rejected haha, but I said a prayer to God and in the end of the day we were able to have some very good conversations and be able to testify and share copies of the Book of Mormon with many wonderful people. I know that we don't always see the good we are doing, but I’m grateful that God let me see some of the seeds I planted! 

Elder Swintons usual speech on VC stats lol so cool though!
I really loved the training we had today, and just wanted to share a little of it. Elder Swinton was teaching us how our testimonies are like brick walls. Some peoples testimonies might be complete and full (so rare) but most of us have some pieces of testimony that we really know concerning different doctrines and such. When we really remember and look back we can remember some or many different experiences or spiritual experiences that have lead to our testimony of that certain thing, but there still might be pieces missing. That's okay, and we are all on our journey. The key is that we keep learning and searching, and as we go, God will teach us piece by piece, the truths so we can have a stronger and stronger faith and knowledge of the restored gospel. I loved it. I don't know if it makes sense from what I'm saying haha, but I really do know that through Jesus Christ we can find forgiveness, healing and overcome any evil or fears in our life. Also that through the priesthood is one of the ways we can access those blessings. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! Love you so much! 
Sister Nielsen


Cutie Sister Hamano 

No comments:

Post a Comment