Tuesday, July 26, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
This week went by so fast, I can't even believe that it's already Tuesday. But this evening is our youth activity where the youth will go teach the restoration to people in the ward. Hopefully they have a good experience. They did some roleplay in our lesson to them on sunday, but i'm a little nervous that either no one will show up tonight or that it will terrify them all out of serving in the future hahah we will see!!! 
This week we have really grown in our love for our area and the people we are focusing on. I love them so much. I just want them to see how much the gospel can make them a better father, mother, family, citizen, sister, brother, etc and all these people are trying to be the best they can be, but it really is through the teachings of Jesus Christ that we can really find that. 
We did a lot of tram tours this last week. I'm pretty tired of the PCC haha. the new sisters want to go there today for pday but i'm not sure about that... so much pcc. But its pretty amazing that we have over 400 people coming over from the PCC every night. Apparently there was a small tropical storm on Sunday and 900 people came to the VC anyways! crazy. But during the storm we were having this amazing spiritual lesson and the power kept going off and on. So intense haha. 
But I really felt the spirit testify how true the gospel is. Sometimes I hear people bear testimony and it just sounds fake or like they don’t really seem to know, but I love to hear the testimony of those who sincerely share what they know. Our investigators wife is struggling with faith (she grew up in the church but hasn't really gone since 18 yrs old) and its so hard because i feel like i can understand where she's coming from and what she's struggling with, but also no one else really can so I know it really is going to come down to her. But because of my experiences I have been able to share things that have helped me, like scriptures, GC talks, and fasting and prayer. We will have to see how bad she wants it though. It's just so crazy. some people accept everything so easily and others have to really feel it so deeply within. I hope we can be led by the spirit to know how to help. 
sis lees first time eating deer. These Asians will
 eat a raw fish but think it's so crazy to eat deer hahah
There's been a lot of good. I love sister lee. She's so unique and so loud. She loves movies so i think we are spending some time today watching the NeW MeEt ThE mOrMoNs.... whooooo hooo hahha they are sooo good actually. And only play in VCs. You should go see it. 
Anyways, everything is good. I can't believe how much ups and downs I've had, but i'm grateful to be here still. I'm grateful to be in Hauula and in the VC. It's crazy to be in Hawaii but there's nothing i love more than the people here and being able to share the gospel with them. 
I love the Book of Mormon!!!! The iron rod story in 1 Nephi 8 is soooo good and applies to everyone. Go and read it. You will love it. And hold on to the iron rod 4 life :) I love you!!!

Love Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment