Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday P-day

Aloha!                                     
My pday just keeps getting closer and closer haha but i think next week it'll probably be on wednesday :( BUT GUESS WHAT :) Sister Lee and I get to stay together in Hau'ula 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to be able to do so much, we just know it. And aren't going to take it for granted to stay together in the same area. (oh fun news, sister weygandt is training again! I'm excited to watch from the outside haha and be grateful i'm not training ;)) 
This week was really great! So sad to lose sister o'brien but she got to come to the baptism so it was all good! Kayla got baptized :D it was so wonderful. I'll send pics. Everything seemed to work out perfect, the Holy Ghost talk speaker didn't come lol but the elders got to pull through and talk. The Trio, aka us, got to perform a musical number where I got to play ukulele for the first time here haha it was cute. And the baptism was so happy. And the confirmation was even better. She kept hugging us and thanking us. She said if she has triplets in the future she is naming them after us ;) But there's a chance i would be here for her temple sealing in a year depending when i choose to go home :) AHhh!!! and She has so much faith and just really sees the fruits of the gospel. I'm so happy for her. 
Also we got a text from this guy, Josh, and he has been reading the book of mormon and wanted to meet with us :) So of course we went yesterday. He is so awesome. His wife has a lot of a problems with the church (shes less active for many years) but they are both willing to give it a chance. And we are shooting to have the baptism for him at the end of august :) I can see he already has been influenced by the example of the members around him because he keeps saying how the members live it in church and OUTSIDE of church, which is different than a lot of religions. I am so excited to help him come closer to God and hopefully his wife will be sincere in her search for a testimony.
We got to attend the temple and do the family names! Hallelujiah! It was my first time ever doing family names. I loved it! I'm so grateful to be so close to the temple all the time. 
Apparently we hit a record for the number of people that came over from the PCC tram in one day, 400! And elder swinton is always thinking of new ideas. I guess right now we have 25 sisters, but by the end of the year we might have 38 sisters! I don't know where they're going to stick everyone but it's pretty amazing that we are soo busy.
Also I got to attend 2 wedding receptions for a dinner apt. these people have such cool wedding receptions haha. And of course SO MUCH FOOD. I'm not a huge fan of the squid luau or poi but i'm always willing to try all these crazy things haha. 
I've been loving the Book of mormon lately. The end of alma and beginning of helaman are soo good. I feel like it's so applicable to these last days where even members are being wicked. But it's good to always know that if we repent, we will be prospered and forgiven. 
I love ya and have a wonderful week!
xoxo Sister Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment