Monday, December 5, 2016

Concrete Jungle

Not quite as beautiful as North Shore!!
GUESS WHAT!!! It's so fun that it's december!!! Basically feels like it always does, except people are starting to decorate and also Christmas music playing through the streets :) (that's just where all the houses are so close that you can always hear everyone's music haha) 

I feel like we have had such great experiences finding new investigators and doing service for many who really need it. I'm grateful when others let them serve us. I think military wives tend to be very independent. So when they let us help out in any way, i think it's a miracle! There's one family we have been able to spend a lot of time serving and it's true, when you serve someone, you grow in so much love for them!!! And I know I always hear it, but even when i get a little bothered by my companion, if I immediately look for ways to serve her, I grow even a little bit more love for her :). 

I think almost everyone we are teaching right now is filipino! They are very nice. I think it's partially just their culture to be so kind and listen, but hopefully they will feel the spirit and let it change them! The hard thing about one of our wards is it's half local/half military, and almost all the locals are less active :( I hope we can find ways to change that. it's interesting dynamic, but we have great members that are willing to help us, which I really appreciate :)

Oh but one of the new investigators we have doesn't speak super good english, but the one thing he kept saying clearly "I love Mormons" haha so cute :) Plus he wasn't even who we had originally gone to see in that house. It's cool to see how God will put us where we need to be to meet who will accept the message!

I'm going blank on what else to share (sorry! haha I just woke up from a nap)
But I love you all. I love the Christmas card haha. I hope you send me a copy :D 
Love Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment