Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Aloha!

Sis Nielsen and Yun
HIIIII :)
This has been a pretty quick week and a really good one as well.  Sister Yun and I are getting along great (did i tell you that her first trainer is also one of the only other blondes in the VC, from Idaho and is also a twin...) we both are trying to become better and i feel like i can see progress... slow but steady :)
Sis O'Brien and Nielsen eating sushi
It's been kind of hard to transition back to the VC but i feel pretty adjusted. I got to go on exchanges with former comp, Sis O'Brien :D It was really nice. She is so good at building people up and helping me get back on my two feet here and not to stress. I'm really grateful she is my Sister Training Leader right now. The visitor center is filled with so many wonderful sisters that have really made me feel welcomed. Of course being in here has its challenges, but I really like this group of sisters and feel blessed to get to know them!
So guess who I met... Elder Oaks! And Sister Oaks! And the former BYUI Pres, Elder and Sister Clark! :) They gave us a few words of encouragement and also a few experiences. IT was so neat. Just a typical Saturday afternoon here in Laie ;) 
Sis Makihele's cousin
Elder Oaks shared how he used to be the church something in Asia. He told a story about how when he stayed in this hotel there, he was saying his evening prayer. He was saying it out loud and then he felt prompted that not just Heavenly Father was listening, but that they had put something in his room to hear all he said or something. So he was able to pray for them and say lots of things that would show the country his sincerity and such. Then the next day in the interview he had, the lady brought up things he had only talked about in his prayer lol. But cool experience! 
I love these Asians but sadly a lot of them aren't too open hearted, but the members we have over in our YSA from there are pretty strong! :) 
studying 
Our investigator from China is taking the vacation in the mainland because the semester just ended, so right now we are just trying to give the students a moment to move to new hales and to find out who is in our wards still. Good thing for online missionary work! I saw many little blessings/miracles. People had their hearts softened, I was prompted to talk to certain people and so forth, and it has been really amazing! 
I'm still not the best at "getting a guest card" from the visitors that come to our VC, but i do see a lot of improvement for how I am doing online. I've always like it but always been so horrible at it haha but I am finally starting to see what I need to do to help others to want to learn more. It's pretty funnnnn and uplifting!!! 
Oh! I was studying this morning and felt like I should share this little scriptures with you! So in Alma 36, which is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon, he is sharing his repentance and conversion to his son. In verses 17-20 he says:  
17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.  18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.  19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.  20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
but the part that is so important to remember, is that it was the words of this father that he remembered when he was in the moment to change. So parents--- what are you doing to teach your children or show your children the power of Jesus Christ's Atonement so that they can also remember it when in that time of need?? Just something to think about :)

Anyway, Mahalo and Aloha,  Sister Nielsen



killing roaches like none other

No comments:

Post a Comment