Monday, May 23, 2016

Hiking in Hawaii

So guess what. Last pday i finally went on my first hike here! And today we went on another one haha. it's so beautiful here! It really is a blessing to serve here. I'll send beautiful pics :)


posing for the tourists
Did you see in the mormon newspaper thing that our VC made it front page ;) no biggie. But yeah, i guess you could say there have been miracles here. This week has been filled with so many chinese tour buses. hahah They make me feel so beautiful, always crowding around me and a red haired sister for pictures. i'll send a pic i have hahah. And if there are any little blonde kids on the grounds, they get surrounded as well haha. But we love them. Some are more open than others (it depends what their tour bus driver tells them about us) But being able to give them plan of salvation pamphlets or book of mormons, gives us hope that maybe even though only a few of the sisters can actually teach them, that they might read the materials and find the locations of churches we do have in China. Haha i love those little chinese peeps. I'm trying to learn a few words in each language. That's what we did last week for our training. So hard to learn asian words haha. 
I have enjoyed spending evenings online, because we are the only VC open after like 6 or 7, so there are soooo many chats, referral confirmations, and so on. It's fun! And great because we get to share our testimonies with people and help them to find the truth! 
There hasn't been a lot of work in the area in terms of nonmembers, because only 2 nonmembers in all our 5 wards haha and they both leave in 2 weeks because they graduate... But we get the chance to strengthen members that maybe are struggling with faith and that. But the last 2-3 days elder swinton

has had me come in his office and just talk. He basically tells me stories haha but they really encourage me and help me to feel the spirit. Alll day at church ( we have 5 wards so lots of church) i felt the spirit and was able to feel inspired. And then Yesterday, elder swinton gave me the most powerful blessing, and still today my heart is burning with the spirit and just such a peace. I know it's true! Even if the details confuse me and i don't know for sure that ever detail is true, i believe it! And desire to believe it. I went through and wrote down all the things i believe in the gospel, and it made me realize how much i maybe don't "know" but what i truly believe and that's what makes the difference. I know that the priesthood is real. If through Jesus Christ we can be healed and changed and overcome evil, then i know he is the only one to follow. I feel God's love for me, and I know that this gospel is the only way to feel this peace and lightness within. It's the only true happiness. I believe that God will help us. And that he can do this as we read scriptures and pray sincerely.
the elders

Have a great week. I love getting pictures... and letters.... and more letters ;) thanks to everyone that wrote me. I loved and needed them!

love you, aloha!


Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment