Monday, May 16, 2016

The Ocean Waves



This week has been pretty good i guess! Last pday we got to just drive and drive to the end of our zone and enjoy watching the giant ocean waves. it was pretty nice. (also when i got some nice souvs for yall :)). Also that evening I got to go watch the Night Show at the PCC with all the other sisters that have come since i got here! It was so good! People are so nice to missionaries, like always buying us things or giving us their things... Like bowls of ice cream haha. But it was a good night. 
We've been able to get around the area a little which is nice, i thought we would be spending more time online but i'm grateful we didn't this week because it isn't fun to sit that long staring at a computer. But both are good works for us to be doing, so we do both! It's fun to get to be missionaries for the YSA, but also it can be weird. I like visiting the married students because its like a family dynamic. 
sis weygandt and sis nielsen
I got to go on exchanges this week with SISTER WEYGANDT. awwww i love her haha i miss being her companion. She's such an awesome STL. She was really good to listen to me and my problems and was able to just laugh with me and help me to be happy :) I'm glad i get to see that silly girl all over.
It was fun to see Erica and Micah Thayne. haha I was talking to guests and they kept hanging around and then i realized i knew who they were! Theyre so nice. It was fun to see people I "knew" but that didn't make me homesick because i don't really know them haha. 
I got to meet some great people this week, but there was a young 19 yr old mother who came in with her member friend, and just explaining the different things in the gospel, she could really see the difference it could make in her life. And in her sons life. It's easier to see how someone who is going through something so hard can be helped through the gospel, but it's harder for me to see sometimes when people seem happy in their lives without the gospel. But it comes down to blessings in their lives that they aren't able to have. Without the gospel, we can't return to live with God, which is the whole purpose of life. So true happiness can't come without that knowledge. 
i love getting letters!!! send more haha

Have a great week! 

Love Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment