Wednesday, September 21, 2016

ALOHA :) 🌸


This week has been a little rollercoaster for me... but what week isn't haha. 
I got to talk to a lot of people with different religious beliefs and it's really amazing to me to see so much similarities amongst different religions.. I spent a while talking to this Jewish man. He was so kind. And interesting, a big reason he stays Jewish is because of what his ancestors went through as Jews (with the Holocaust and everything). But even though it does help me to see what my ancestors were willing do to for the church, i'm glad that we are encouraged to find out for ourselves and not just rely on others testimonies. Also that our church has misisonaries, i feel like that in itsself says a lot because if we really believe it, then we should want others to have that same happiness and blessings. So I'm grateful to be born with this as my religion. 
We had a training for VCs and they showed us the new Christmas initiative video. Yall are gonna love it. it's so good. Also they showed us this new movie of the restoration of the priesthood. also really good. I'm grateful for opportunities like that to strengthen my testimony of those things (Jesus Christ and the restoration). 
We are still slowly working with our area. It's kind of hard working with YSA but fun that we get to try to help all these girls preparing for missions. And so many RMs that want to help too. Even though we cover 5 wards, i feel really confident in the efforts of the members. We might have a NI soon, hopefully she will have felt the spirit being at school here. For some of these nonmembers, they don't even believe in God, so if they could leave their time at BYU even believing in God, that would be wonderful. 
We were going to do this great environmental service with the YSA and got out to this beach that was literally mountains of sand... so we had to get driven back into Laie to help clean the school because we can't go on the sand lol so sad. It's been fun getting to help people around my age :)
I also had a whole day that I got to spend online, it was great. I had a 5 hour chat, it was really a rare experience to get to spend so much time answering someones questions and teaching them over the internet. usually we are only on for like an hour or two. But her name was Jennifer so naturally i had to ;). It's been a good week. I have a greater love for my companion. We are starting to have a lot of fun together. Like everyone served in the philipines, so pretty much i don't understand many of the conversations, but it's good, because in English, Sis DeLeon doesn't follow the conversation very well sometimes. It equals out :) She's a cute girl. Makes me feel like a giant haah. 
It's already week 4 which is crazy. 
I hope youre all doing well. I love and miss you. I am missing the seasons but it's nice to only really be cold in AC :) 
haha 
I love ya!

Love sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment