Wednesday, September 7, 2016

ALOHA. 😘

This week has been pretty good! YSA is sooo different but of course I already knew that haha. But on campus YSA is even more different.. I like it so far, but we haven't really had much of a chance to meet any of the nonmembers. There are like 8 NM within the 5 wards, so actual potentials!! (crazy that that's a lot, huh? haha) But it's fun to get to talk to the freshmen because i know how hard that first semester can be, and also the RMs because they are so into missionary work. It's good. And Sister De Leon is so cute. Our personalities and pride don't always match up, but for the most part we enjoy each other lol. She's so giving, but pretty quiet. We still need to figure out how to teach together. 
My last day in H3 was awesome. I really love that ward and I'm so grateful it was able to end so perfect. I got to see Jojo, the Lessarys, the Bishops family(beattys), and Maile and Josh. <3. I am so grateful for those last 2 transfers. Maile gave me a thankyou note "from Liko" the 2 year old since we gave him a little birthday present. And the note said something like "thank you for teaching the gospel to my mom and dad. Now they are happy. We love you" and it really made me soo happy to leave knowing they are doing good.
In the visitor's center, i swear everyone I talk to is either from Utah, or from a random country (brazil, italy, armania, germany, turkey, etc) It is such a great experience to teach allll of God's children. One of my favorites was this couple from Turkey. I was showing them the Book of Mormons in different languages and the lady opened the Book and the rest of the time couldn't stop reading it. It turns out there was only one more Turkish BOM left, so it was such a blessing that we were able to give her one. I loved how much she was into it and that we could give it to her in her language!
We will get the chance to teach a recent convert from the Middle East. His wife is a RM and they are shooting for the temple, but he is slow in his conversion! So that'll be fun if we are able to help him!
I've really enjoyed reading about the church history. Sometimes I think of "strengthening my testimony of the restoration" as just reading the first vision and what not. But as i've read the Our Heritage book, I've learned so much and it's helping me understand more about the early church. I
wish I could study more about my ancestors haha.
Anyways, We survived the hurricane........... hahaha. I even bought extra water just in case. Everyone was saying it was a level 4 and then eventually turned into a 1, whatever that means. So it was never bad. Just windy which i loved cause it wasn't so hot!! But Friday we actually had a whole training from Red Cross so we could help at shelters if we needed to. I'm glad it never actually happened haha.
Also a funny experience, there was a wealthy bus of chinese, and then 4 of them started singing Hallelujiah, so we couldn't help laughing, but they kept singing like Silent Night and stuff, so I asked Sis Swinton if we could record them! And they loved being videoed of course haha but then the one guy (like 80 years old) pulled out this photo album. I guess he was this famous chinese actor throughout his years.... the pictures were him in different costume with these other famous people. All of us americans didn't know, but a few of the Asians recognized him lol. It was so funny. I can't even describe. I'll try to send the video sometime hahah.
But I love you all! I'm grateful for such a great family.
Go to the temple grounds, they're so peaceful and great! I would know haha

Love Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment