Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Aloha Ohana!!




So serving BYU YSA has been tricky for us. We have tried some new ideas to try to help others, one of the ways is by going around visiting other members with the girls preparing for their missions. That has been fun so that we have an excuse to share a message with them so they don't feel like we are singling them out... I am really loving being around others my age. It is fun and pretty much everyone struggles with scripture study. Something that I got out of the Women's Session of General Conference (https://www.lds.org/general-conference?cid=HP_SA_24-9-2016_dPFD_fLHNA_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng) was that this is perilous times - and the fullness of times - so even members of the church really need to strengthen their testimonies or they will fall. We learn in Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life that it was those who continually held fast to the iron rod (aka word of God) that didn't easily fall away. I hope you're all making time for scripture study. As individuals and as a family. It is so important, and worth the struggle or time it takes!!! 
watching the women's meeting
I was so happy, Josh Dang came in the VC so I got to see him and it was so great. I really am so glad that he is so happy. He got to speak at a missionary fireside the stake held, and he was awesome. I am glad that the gospel has brought him so much happiness and direction. No his life isn't perfect, but he knows how to find peace and how to get through hard times. It was such a great opportunity to see him only a few weeks later, still growing in the gospel :) 
Good news, we finally have an investigator :) Michelle from Malaysia. We basically start teaching tomorrow, so it will be interesting as she doesn't really have any religious background. Pray for her!:) 
Sis Nielsen and Deleon
I have been so impressed by some of the people I have met here that show their love for God. One girl is putting God before love, which I really admire, because I can't imagine being homosexual here where it is so accepted, yet she knows it is bringing her away from God. Her testimony is so strong. I really admire her. 
 Also we had zone conference and it was so fun to see some of the sisters I came out to my mission with! So cute. I love the Bekkers, they are so awesome. I am lucky to have had 2 great mission presidents that do so much to help me with the struggles I have. Grateful to be in the one and only "aloha mission" :) 
Love and miss ya, Keep doing your scripture reading ;)

Love sister Nielsen









No comments:

Post a Comment