Monday, January 2, 2017

Aloha!!!!!

                                              
Can't believe that I am already going back to the visitors' center.... 
Just kidding :) Sister Makihele and I are staying together again-which is a real shock because sister makihele has already been here for 4 transfers!!! haha But good for me because I would feel stressed just trying to hand off this area to the next missionary and there are so many investigators that we are working with that I am grateful we get to continue to work with this next transfer! Although there is rumor that it might be whitewashed next transfer, so hopefully we can really get our investigators more solid and more converted:) 

This week was really great but really fast! We had the opportunity to go do service at pearl harbor, but Sister Makihele and the senior couple sister got lost on the Missouri... so we got to explore a little ;) but it was really great chance to serve there, and then our great leader, Kevin, got to give us a nice tour and I learned so much history and was reminded of all that those serving our country go through! It's pretty amazing. 

I've always liked street contacting, but I have continued to grow a love for it. People can be so funny and also it's amazing how those that are outside are like 80% more likely to be open for us to come share more. We were able to teach and find a few new investigators. I feel sad because there are a few investigators we haven't been able to see over the holidays, but I am glad that "holidays' is about over so we can catch them home!!! I miss them! haha. I really do love them each so much. I know I am not really all that capable to teach them or help them but it's amazing when we are able to be instruments for God and our efforts are able to be made enough for what those people need. 

I had the opportunity to speak in church. I reallllllly prayed that Heavenly Father would put in my mouth what people needed to hear and it was amazing. I mean of course he promises it, but I felt like he just put in my mouth what I needed to say. And I hate public speaking, but With God's help, my weaknesses are becoming strengthened :) 

Also New Year's Eve, we got to spend the day helping our investigator clean and dejunk! It was fun haha. And then we were able to try out a new Vietnamese restaurant and watch a movie with our zone. (Chariots of Fire?? we were all confused until after, when the senior sister explained it all haha) but we had a great view of fireworks from our place! Of course, anywhere in Hawaii would be a good place considering there are millions of fireworks going on haha it really sounded like bombs echoing around us. At midnight we were woken up by it and got to enjoy the first few minutes of the new year watching tons of fireworks shoot in the sky :) 

Love and miss you! But I am proud to say i finally will be sending a package home this week!! merry christmas;) Best wishes as you start out this new year to be a little better!


Love sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment