Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Crazy week!

Hiiii Sorry to email so late! This week has been a little crazy.                                

Well the craziest part is the craziness started just yesterday haha. So my companion usually does her own thing in the morning, stretching and that and I usually run back and forth. So she was so excited to go run with me. I thought, let me show her this cool little place to run that is all green and pretty. On the way, about a few blocks away, we saw this girl so Sis Eagle recognized as a friend from Vernal. So I think right as we got up to her and said hi, Sis Eagle stepped on a rock a little bigger than a golf ball that her foot twisted on and she tripped. She seemed okay, but kept saying it hurt and then couldn't walk. Luckily the friend could run and ask other sisters to come pick us up in a car, but the Swintons said we should go to the ER because it got swollen really fast. A few hours later (because all these other emergencies kept happening with other patients) she had a little cloth cast and was told she broke her ankle. Aww poor thing. So we had an apt today and that's what we've been up to. Driving to Kaneohe and getting a boot. She's in a lot of pain and didn't sleep at all and can't really do much for herself at this point :( So it gives me a great opportunity to serve her and talk to her a lot (because the Swintons told us we need to let her body relax and get the swelling down, so we've been doing sitting down things at home). I've learned so much about that girl. She's been through so much in her life, so this doesn't really surprise her hah, but I feel that even though our personalities are quite different, I've been able to understand her more and be more compassionate as I've listened and tried to understand her more. I think it's a good lesson in life to learn. Understanding can erase a lot of negative feelings or thoughts towards someone. 

Anyways, I have had a good week and I also strengthened my testimony even more of the power of asking God to direct or be directed to those who will receive the gospel. So many "golden" conversations, chats, or people to meet. 

I'm grateful for many things-my family, my friends, the gospel, peace and hope, and my health. The gospel of Jesus Christ does create a light in my life and I don't think we ever appreciate it as much until we are in the dark and see the contrast difference!


Love you all so much. It's fun to hear how much is going on at home and how successful and cute my little brothers are :)

Love Sister Nielsen!

Alll those Miller camp washing hair days paid off because I had to wash her hair in the sink haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment