Saturday, May 6, 2017

Saturday P-day


Aloha Family :)
The reason to email today is because transfer day is on Tuesday and it's impossible to have all the sisters have Monday Pday, so they have half of us take Saturday pday this one week and the other half takes Monday. So we find out tonight what the next transfer will be, so we don't know if we will be having our next pday monday tuesday wednesday or thursday lol so we need to buy many foods just in case ;)
It's been only a few days haha but that's what happens here in Laie! I have really enjoyed this last transfer. It's for sure been interesting and I've learned a lot being companions with Sister Taki. She not only taught me a little Japanese, but also by her example I've learned a lot. She is really diligent. She has such a quickness to do whatever it is she feels needs to be done. I really admire that. And she also will serve whether she knows the person or even likes the person. I want to be more serving, but it's really cool to see how natural it comes to her. Also I've learned many other things but I know she will continue to be a successful missionary :)
This transfer has been filled with much ONLINE. And as a result, I have been able to reach numbers of new investigators or referrals sent than I ever have before. I think it's been fulfilling to at least see something come from the work we do. We are lucky about that. Measurable goals that we can achieve. Sometimes in the VC we know we are doing good and our best, but the measurable results can be depressing haha. I had the chance to talk to many humble and willing to learn people on chat, which hardly happened for me in the past, but just by being there and willing to help. I remembered my purpose, not to just answer their questions but also to help them make that next step to meet with missionaries, and several of them are!
Even though I dont get to physically be there to teach them, I'm learning to enjoy my role as a supporter and also to support the local missionaries and pray for those people. This last week I was praying for some of the investigators and really trying to help the missionaries in contacting them, and yesterday 2 of the referrals that haven't been able to be contacted were finally able to have successful lessons! It makes me happy to see the referrals I send end up being quality and not just change to "not interested" haha.
I'm excited to SKype on Sunday! It's a little hard to know when for sure, because tonight I'll find out my schedule (when church is and shift) but I think I can make a quick little phone call before we skype to find the time and confirm everything. :D

I love and miss ya!
Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment