Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Aloha!!!



 
Being in the Visitors' Center is going really well!! I meet hundreds of people and so it's hard to remember what name goes with what person and what even happened (and I really slacked at writing in my journal this week :o ) buuut there were some really great blessings

I have been learning little phrases in Japanese (they are sooo polite that they act impressed but I totally know they are weirded out lol) but it has been a little blessing because many of the Japanese don't want to talk about religion or anything about God, so even though I don't know what Sister Taki and them are talking about, I am able to bring up little things in religion and give them gifts and because I am in the position I am, they take it and listen more to what Sister Taki says to explain what I'm trying to say. Even though it's kind of weird, but several people left the visitors' center with pamphlets or a copy of the Book of Mormon that wouldn't have without a horrible Japanese speaker! God works in many ways :) -also I am really admiring those who are learning a second language because it's hard to think about what I'm going to say, and I don't even try to understand what they are saying to me hahah.

There was a super sweet couple from Uruguay. I guess there are many missionaries there and members as well, so they have a little knowledge about it! But After they listened to the Christus narration, they cried and they're hearts were open to what we shared with them. They should be meeting with the missionaries there soon! I know that even if they don't meet with missionaries back home, they will always remember the spirit they felt here in the temple VC.


Because we have been spending so much time online in the evening (idk if i mentioned it, but we have to spend so much time online in the evenings now haha. It's because 6-9pm is very very busy but also a pretty busy time for us in the center, so it's kind of hard to explain, but we spend hours online in the back now), we are more aligned with Africa time zones, so I have been trying to contact them and help them meet with missionaries. I have to say, they are so open hearted, but their addresses are almost impossible-I really love getting to help and teach a little, but it's so crazy that in some countries soo many people are wanting to learn about the gospel and have to wait. 
There are so many great things going on, but it's so hard to explain haha. Just know that many positive things are happening and I am so grateful for even the little tender mercies :)

Love you!! 
Love Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment