Monday, June 5, 2017

Goodbye Sis Eagle

Aloha!!                                                      

This morning I had to send Sister Eagle off so she can go home and recover from her ankle break. Sad sad. And now I'll be in a trio with the sisters I live with, Sisters Staheli and Park. I've never had comps for just 2 weeks so it'll be interesting. 

Even with our days all messed up and limited time online, there were several blessings and miracles :) I love how a simple request for a free Bible can go many different ways. When we make the call to confirm, each person we talk to has such different concerns or lives that it makes it impossible to truly help them without the spirits' guidance. We try to help them to meet with missionaries but most importantly, to give them a positive and spiritual experience that they will look forward to the missionaries. We had the sweetest lady we called, Denise, who was really struggling and feeling really alone. I felt like it was such a blessing that we can call people anywhere anytime and right when she needed someone to talk to, two girls called her up about a free Bible haha. But really, and I know she felt God's love through us. I love those moments to be an instrument in God's hands. That's the biggest joy of mission and also I know after mission I can also receive promptings to follow. 
 
Oh also always fun to find out when the referrals I sent and people I met online got baptized!!! I love to hear their conversion stories, and remembering how important this work is because it changes peoples' lives!! Darkness into Light (which I heard this video is really great!! by the way haha https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2016-01-011-choose-the-light?lang=eng)

Keep the faith, choose the right, and be kind to everyone you meet!!


Love Sister Nielsen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment