Tuesday, August 30, 2016

BYU YSA

Sisters DeLeon and Nielsen
Well the news is that I'll be kicked out of H3 and moved back to BYU YSA but this time on campus...even less non members lol. cool. And surprise, I'm back with a little Filipina! Sister DeLeon. She has the cutest little laugh.  Well transfer news was a shock and pretty hard for me, but I think I'm ready to just get over it and try to do whatever BYU YSA sisters do. I haven't really had many good experiences online, but who knows, with hours and hours online every day, hopefully something will happen!
I am so happy for Josh and Maile. The baptism was so great!!! Everyone was on Hawaiian time, so at 5 almost no one was there but by 5:15 the place was full! I am so grateful for members that were willing to give an hour to help Josh feel loved. If you have a chance, always go support convert baptisms!! They might not have any family support!! Everything went well, usually elders teach like a 5-10 minute restoration midway through, but they taught a 30 minute one lol but hey you never know who was touched by it. Sister Lee and I tried this idea that an RM from Hannah Farnes mission did, giving index cards to everyone that came and having them write congrats/testimonies for Josh. It was a great idea so he will be able to see everyone that came and remember how he felt at the baptism :)

   
 We all spoke in church, Sister Lee and I took more time than we realized, but Maile got to talk and it was so good. She shared some of her experiences even when she was LA that God protected her, also she committed herself on the pulpit to really try and pray and read the scriptures. She was so kind about Sister Lee and I, it was such an awesome experience to have on my last Sunday in Hauula 3rd. She really has come such a long ways, of course I'm so happy for Josh, but the real challenge has been with Maile, and I'm grateful to see her heart a little softened! And even better, Kenneth and his family (have never come to church in this ward) came to church as well and really liked it. They didn't stay for class, but we got a text yesterday from Kenneth saying "jes to let you guys know we had a family scriptures 1st Nephi chapter one and chapter two" and then that it went really good so they plan to have scriptures reading every day, and then said "it was really amazing to go back to church felt really good being there..."

I wish I could stay in Hauula 3rd the rest of my mission haha it's where I've felt the most happiness and most purpose on my mission, but "we can have what we want, or we can have something better". I am praying that Sister De Leon and I will be able to make the most of our BYU YSA. I know it will be hard, but I'm sure there are many things to learn from it. On Sunday in Relief Society, they announced that the activity Wednesday for emergency preparedness would be canceled because there are 2 hurricane warnings.. haha ironic. But I heard it will be worse for big island, so maybe just really rainy for us?? I'm not sure.  We did hear we should buy water, so we got 10$ worth hahaha. 
Even our other less active, Jojo came to church which she only ever came once before, and she left early because she's pregnant and hurt, but it was such a great reward for me to see all these wonderful people experience the gospel and feel the peace and happiness that comes from it.
Anyways, I love you all, thanks for the letters from the 3 boys, i loved them haha :) I love you!!!!    Love Sister Nielsen😁

No comments:

Post a Comment