Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Aloha!!

 This last week was filled with so many great spiritual things, but I'm having a hard time separating where all the different things I've learned are from. But I feel like the main thing I learned is that the greatest blessing of the Restoration is that we know God's Plan of Salvation for us, which because  of Jesus Christ we can all find hope and second chances. That is how we find JOY :). I have really been changing how I talk to people in the visitors' center and teaching more about that plan. People are more open and think more about it rather than feeling defensive. It really does bring anyone more direction and purpose, and who doesn't want that? I've met such wonderful people and I'm glad Heavenly Father let me be the one to talk to them.    

In our area we are starting to get more appointments set up (finally haha) and being able to feel like we are helping the less actives and nonmembers. I guess this is a struggle of white washing 5 wards while covering a VC. But I will be really shocked if I get moved from this area. Transfer news will be Saturday, so Monday will be my pday and then Wednesday will be the transfers! So I'm excited to see what God wants for me! 
Gen Conf breakfast
We have been working with many people that are not even Christian. I feel like this is no coincidence, seeing that my faith in Jesus Christ maybe wasn't as strong as I need it to be. But really focusing on Him and the blessings that come because of His Atonement, I have been increasing in faith and ability to feel the peace and spirit in my daily life. They do say faith is a choice, but sometimes it's not an easy choice to have faith. but I'm grateful that through learning and action, we can grow in it. 
General Conference was awesome of course :) Our investigator watched it with us. "very interesting" was her comment lol who knows what she really was thinking, but it will be a great resource in teaching her about prophets and apostles haha. Also we will be starting to teach this Japanese girl, unless we have to pass her to Japanese speakers. But teaching a Malay girl and japanese is about as Buddhist as you can get haha. But such a great opportunity! That's one of the things I love about BYU, it's so diverse that the people we work with have such different beliefs and culture. We are still figuring out the best way to teach, but I have a feeling good things can come if we are obedient and diligent! (and humble, patient, charitable, etc lol)
Riding the Tram
Anyways, I'm glad you had a good conference! I hope you don't just think about it and remember how you felt, but really apply it and put it into your life :) 
Spread the gospel! it will bring the world the true Joy :)

New Muumuus
Love Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment