Wednesday, November 9, 2016

ALO (to share) HA (the breathe of life) ;)

Aloha family. how are you???                                Sounds like all is well over there haha. But it's going by quick over here. I feel like I just emailed last week. This transfer has been a little strange, even though it's the same area, all the people I spent time working with and serving in the past have all been busy or out of town, so it's been really difficult to find new people to teach or to try to help reactivate. It is so sad to see how many less actives there are. Moroni 6:4 explains how we are supposed to basically keep strengthening each other after baptism, and it's really sad to see many fall off the path and end up unhappy or feeling lost. I really hope everyone can do better to reach out to those brothers and sisters that even already made the promises to God and help them to come back. Because that is our responsibility :)
But i love the people here. They sure are great. We had the chance to meet this family that is usually just turning away missionaries but we prayed with them and the spirit touched the mom's heart that she invited us in to eat, so of course we went in and were able to really get to know them and talk to them. It was a little miracle, but so grateful because now they've told us we can come any time and even if they aren't home, we know where the food is haha. But also, I know that the gospel can help them to overcome their addictions and to find more peace and happiness in their family. 

In the visitors' center we met this sweet lady, who we felt inspired to talk about family with her (not just generally about the temple and what we do there). It was really neat to see how that was exactly what she was going through-loss of mom and sister recently and the idea that families can be together again reallllly interested her and knowing how the gospel can bless her family even now also. I am grateful that we have the short tram tours where even in that short amount of time, we are able to help serve people so that God can have an opportunity to help others to be happy and come closer to him. Even if it's 15-20 minutes of their Hawaii vacation :)

Also online Sister Pluim and I hadn't been very successful, but we really set our minds to it, and I feel like there have been many neat experiences and opportunities to help others learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of the people we talk to remind me of friends from back home, and I hope that they will someday check out mormon.org chat, because it's great! haha :) 
And teaching together over the phone is really fun. We have no idea what the people look like or their circumstances, but all we know is their concern and can do our best to allow the spirit to touch their hearts. It's amazing and quite a unique setting :) 

The  only thing I could wish for my mission is to speak more than just English (which i am trying haha) but there are so many people that I just have to point and smile and hope they get a general idea haha. The language of the spirit is universal at least :) 
ALSO I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING TRAINED FOR THE NEW CHRISTMAS VIDEO FOR THIS YEAR> let me tell you, it is so good. :D I will go where ever i am sent of course, but i have a little fear to go "full pros" during christmas time-which has got to be amazing at the visitors' center. haha I shouldn't even think about that yet. But If you want to send me Christmas hymns/music that would be really fun. If not, i'll mooch off the other sisters... 
Love you Love Sister Nielsen

ps i have never been fed so many potatoes in my whole mission until this transfer hahaha people love that we are both from idaho.... oh these Hawaiians.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment